Well, since I promised you all that I will share with you a few ways I try to practice mindfulness in my daily life, here it is!
I know this may sound a bit cliched but sometimes self-help books really helps! I like reading-and I read different kinds of literature. I had stumbled upon self-help books when I was going through a very rough phase early in my life. They encouraged me and motivated me to go on with my life and face the struggles head on. But more than that, I grew an interest in these kind of books, which made me develop a morning and an evening routine in my daily life.
Things I try to follow in my morning routine:
- Wake up early in the morning, after have slept for 6-8 hours. The fresh morning air with the sounds of the breeze and the birds are a delightful way to greet the day.
- Do not wait for the snooze alarm to go on, as Mel Robbins says. In fact, do not put on a snooze alarm. This physical force that you require to get out of the comfort of the bed will make you win your day later.
- Make my bed. That gives you a sense of accomplishment right in the beginning of the day.
- Brush my teeth and scrape my tongue.
- Have a warm glass of water. It nourishes your soul after a long night. Lately I am adding two teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to the water. And it works wonders for your tummy.
- While I am having the glass of water, I listen to some calm music and write my daily goals in my notebook. It is best to keep your goals for the day achievable and realistic. (I will talk about organizing these goals in my later blogs)
- Stretch my body. I try to do some yoga. Or, I do try to go for walks in the nature whenever I can.
- Take a bath and get ready for the day.
- I am not much of a religious person but I do like to light an incense stick. It makes me feel good and also my room smells nice!
- I have my breakfast. It is best to have a warm and hearty breakfast in the morning as they not only break your night long fast but also satiates your soul. I also make it a point to eat a banana for my breakfast. They are a good source of magnesium.
- And I head off to work with a positive attitude (as much as I can).
I understand that I am not perfect. I accept that I have flaws. So, there are days when I am feeling low and cannot really go through this routine. But I know it is okay to feel sad, as it is okay to feel happy, or angry or any other kind of emotion. But when I am not feeling low, most days I try to live this routine. And trust me, as cliched as it may sound now, it actually works. You tend to have a fairly good day-your body and mind feel good. Well, what else do we need, right?
I will share with you my evening routine in the next blog. Do let me know your morning routine, if you have any, in the comment section of this blog. If you somehow benefit from the routine I shared with you, let me know too. Till then stay soul searching!
——————- A tiny note to my fellow soul searchers: If you see any link in this page that you like and you purchase the products by clicking on this link, The Soul Searcher may receive a very small commission. These products are little things that help me live through my everyday. So, I am sharing them with you all. Thank you already!