How are you doing my fellow Soul-Searchers?
Just when I was immersed in a heap of research work for my PhD, I received this wonderful comment on my post These are a Few of My Favourite Things from my blogger friend Hilary . She had read my blog and nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you, dear Hilary for this nomination. You made my day ❤
Hilary is a strong and beautiful woman. Her blog expresses doses of positivity, love and happiness we need in our lives everyday. She is also a mom of a beautiful baby Rebecca. You should all go and check out her blog Serenaluna.
Now, for everyone who does not know what this award is, here is a quick introduction for you.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer recognition for bloggers who influence people with positivity and joy. I am so touched, Hilary that you consider me deserving enough for this.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate at least 11 new blogs to receive the award and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions I was asked by Hilary
1. Why did you decide to start a blog? I always liked writing down in my diary. I heard of blogging much later during my graduation days but I did not get enough motivation to start one. One fine day, when monotonous daily routine had bogged me down, I just dived in and published my first post which you can read here.
2. What year did you publish your first blog post? I wrote my first post in 2017 but published it in 2018.
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging? The amount of freedom of creativity blogging provides is a fun part. But the most favourite thing of it is the extremely supportive community I have received through this. I get to know a lot of people and their stories.
4. Do you own a pet? If so, what kind? No. But I have recently fallen in love with Bob, a pomerenian my friend owns. And I would love to own one myself one day.
5. Do you have any routines before you write a blog post? Yes, and no. Ideas come to me at any point in time of the day. Then I simply write down these ideas in a small notebook I always carry with me. I like planning and organizing. And I bring this part of me into blogging too. I like my posts organized, with meaningful pictures and with motivating content. Before I publish them, I simply make sure I get all these things fall in place.
6. What motivates you to write? Where do you find inspiration? I get inspired by many things but most of all I love stories and people. Life philosophies which talk of mindful lifestyles also motivate me to write my own posts.
7. What country do you live in? India. Have you visited it? If you do, check out Northeast India (from where I belong) for its unexplored, breathtaking beauty.
8. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? I love both coffee and tea, without milk. I drink green tea most days for its detoxifying properties. But when it rains, I have to have a warm cup of black coffee while I either watch a movie or enjoy a book.
9. Are you a morning person or a night person? This is very easy. I am a morning person. I did try and stay up late night during my post graduation days but it ruined my health. I love waking up every morning and start the day afresh. This is the morning routine I follow everyday.
10. What languages do you speak? I speak Assamese (my mother tongue), Hindi and English well. I can speak Bengali too but not that fluently.
11. What do you fear the most? This is a difficult question to answer actually. I don’t know if I fear something too much. But there are these three things which can scare me at times. One, earthquakes. I stay in an earthquake-prone zone. I used to keep calm during my childhood but lately, I have grown an uneasiness towards them. Two, I am scared of flying. I do need to take flights now and then for work or for pleasure but mid-air turbulence is a nightmare to me. The last fear that I have is something I have developed through my years of life. I am scared of losing people I love.
Here are My Nominees for the Award
- https://saania2806.wordpress.com/ (I have re-edited this post to add this amazing blog to this list. Her comment on my post made me check out her blog. And it is love at first sight for me!)
Questions for the Nominees
- What motivated you and still inspires you to start blogging?
- Which is your favourite book and why?
- Which is that one song currently stuck in your head?
- Three things you would love to do on a rainy day?
- What is that one food in the world that you cannot live without?
- If you could travel somewhere right now, where would it it be?
- Which do you like more- Dreams or Reality?
- Love in one word?
- What do you do to make yourself feel better when you are having a bad day?
- Which is your most embarassing childhood memory?
- Three ways you would want to bring more happiness and peace to this world?
Get, Set, Go, guys! 🙂 May you have fun answering them whenever you have the time.
And my fellow Soul-Searchers, check out these blogs I mentioned today, if you haven’t already. Spread love and happiness. ❤