Fleabag is a hilarious masterpiece which portrays the roller coaster that life is with such finesse and wonderful sense of humour.
I am sharing with you a few lines from Fleabag which I absolutely love. Here you go.
Lines from Fleabag I love:
- The Priest’s speech on love- Love is awful. It’s awful. It’s painful. It’s frightening. It makes you doubt yourself, judge yourself, distance yourself from the other people in your life. It makes you selfish. It makes you creepy, makes you obsessed with your hair, makes you cruel, makes you say and do things you never thought you would do. It’s all any of us want, and it’s hell when we get there. So no wonder it’s something we don’t want to do on our own. I was taught if we’re born with love then life is about choosing the right place to put it. People talk about that a lot, feeling right, when it feels right it’s easy. But I’m not sure that’s true. It takes strength to know what’s right. And love isn’t something that weak people do. Being a romantic takes a hell of a lot of hope. I think what they mean is, when you find somebody that you love, it feels like hope.
- Fleabag’s dad to Fleabag– “I think you know how to love better than any of us, that’s why you find it all so painful.”
- Belinda says to Fleabag: “Women are born with pain built in. It’s our physical destiny. Period pains, sore boobs, childbirth, you know. We carry it within ourselves throughout our lives. Men don’t. They have to seek it out. They invent all these gods and demons and things just so they can feel guilty about things, which is something we also do very well on our own. And then they create wars, so they can feel things and touch each other, and when there aren’t any wars they can play rugby. And we have it all going on in here, inside. We have pain on a cycle for years and years and years and then, just when you feel you are making peace with it all, what happens? The menopause comes. The f***ing menopause comes and it is the most most wonderful f***ing thing in the world! And, yes, your entire pelvic floor crumbles and you get f***ing hot and no-one cares, but then you’re free. No longer a slave, no longer a machine, with parts. You’re just a person in business.”
- Fleabag: “That’s why they put rubbers on the ends of pencils.”
- Fleabag to the hairdresser: “Hair is everything, we wish it wasn’t so we could actually think about something else occasionally. But it is. It’s the difference between a good day and a bad day. We’re meant to think that it’s a symbol of power, that it’s a symbol of fertility. Some people are exploited for it and it pays your f***ing bills. Hair is everything.”
I can go on and on. Because seriously, Fleabag is genius in its entirety. But I will stop here and leave the rest for you to watch it yourself.
I hope I am able to convince you enough to watch this series 😛
Tell me which are your favourite lines from Fleabag. Till then,