Hello dear Soul-Searchers!
I hope you are all keeping well. It’s been a long time since I last posted here. July had been quite some month for me. I don’t really know how to put one singular adjective to this month that would unpack my July for you all. So I thought, why not do a post sharing how this crazy month went by for me. This would also be a nice way to come back to what I love, writing here.
- Let me see where to start. So, June ended with a PhD deadline met (somehow!). I had to submit my “State-of-the-Art-Seminar” for my PhD thesis. Don’t even ask why this is such a fancy name. I cannot figure it out till date. Basically, I submitted my research proposal and some literature review defining my area of research. Period.
- My partner left for his job to some distant land. Yeah, life sucks! But hey, I am trying to make the best of the time here. So, there’s a sunny side up in this case. Do not worry. 🙂
- July starts and I resume my work and life. We do not really get time to sit and whine, mooning over distant love and other woes of life, now do we? Come’n, what were you thinking? Even Bollywood apparently has done away with such behaviour now!
- I don’t know whether or not to share this piece of information with you but I am going to share it anyway. My grandmother was not well and had to undergo a surgery. I helped my family with this. She is better now. Thank you for asking!
- I felt in between as if time was slipping by and I was doing nothing substantial. So, I did what I do best. I sat down and planned, yes again! I love doing that. I made some new and fresh daily goals to follow by. And I will not lie to you, they are bringing back my slightly scattered life to tracks.
- I have started waking up early in the morning. Sometime in between 5-6 am. No it is not that hard, just keep trying. I have started exercising in the mornings again. I have started clean eating and slow fashion living. I have started saving money. I have started reading more. I have started sleeping by 11 pm, sharp. I have started taking care of a new money plant. And, I am actually in love with this new routine.
- I finished reading Robin Sharma’s The 5 AM Club and Mark Manson’s The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. I am currently reading Amish Tripathy’s Raavan: Enemy of Aryavarta . Sharma and Mansion helped me immensely in collecting the bits of my life again. Tripathy’s book is providing me a pinch of fantasy I need in my everyday. I would recommend you these books. But the choice rests on you.
So, yeah, with this much said, I think you know now why I missed a couple of weeks and did not post much here. However, all’s well that ends well. And I think July is going to end well.
Well, how was your July? Have you read any of the books I read? Tell me everything.
I will come up with a post soon. Till then,
A tiny note to my fellow Soul-Searchers: If you see any link in this page that you like and you purchase the products by clicking on this link, The Soul Searcher may receive a very small commission. These products are little things that help me live through my everyday. So, I am sharing them with you all. Thank you already!