Hello my dear fellow Soul-Searchers!
I hope you have started your week with renewed energy and enthusiasm.
Have you ever consciously thought of your body posture? How you stand, sit, walk, bend and sleep?
If you haven’t, please do as soon as possible.
The daily work most of us are engaged in requires a lot of sitting. Whether with our books or with our computers. I have always had a slouched sitting position. And I do not walk properly too. Apparently, I walked like a penguin. Well, that’s what my friends in college told me! 😀
Lately, my PhD work demanded prolonged sitting hours. And it severely affected my back and neck.
After undergoing a few physiotherapy sessions and medications, I am much better now. Today, I am sharing with you all the suggestions my doctors gave me for avoiding problems like muscle stiffness and spondylolysis.
Points to Remember for a Correct Posture:
1. Sit straight. If possible use lumbar support for your back. I have started using one, and it really helps me. Click here to check it out.
2. Take a walking break for 2-5 minutes after every 1 hour of sitting. It helps in releasing the tension from the muscles.
3. Keep your computer at your eye level.
4. While sleeping, do not take a pillow under your head, if you have neck pain and lower back pain. Ask your doctor or physiotherapist for the best sleeping position for you, depending on your affected area.
5. When you wake up from the sleeping position, do not wake up straight. It may hurt your neck. Tilt toward one side while waking up.
6. Walk straight, with your head held high. Do not slouch your shoulders.
7. When you bend to lift something, first sit and then lift the object. Do not bend from your waist and lift heavy objects.
8. And the essential point of all, do not take too much stress on yourself.
I hope these suggestions help you in some way.
I am signing off for today. I will come up with a new post soon. Till then have a wonderful week.