How was your week, dear Soul-Searchers? Time flies by so fast, isn’t it? I still remember my previous weekend post and here we are with another week done and dusted.
Most of my days this passing week were, well, almost productive. I did have work planned for the first half of the day. I believe in eating the frog first. No, I do not mean literally! I mean tackling the hardest work the first thing in the day. I talked of this in length in one of my previous posts on organizing one’s tasks well. I will leave the link below for you to read if you are interested.
However, contrary to my ritual, I couldn’t do much work before lunch most days of this week. There were so many big little official things to be done related to my PhD registration in the academic office. I don’t know if I should put them across as necessary or unnecessary. Well, let’s just say they are necessary but seem unnecessary. You know of such tasks, now don’t you?
I did manage to make my post-lunch study sessions somewhat productive though. And while we stand at the pedestal of this weekend, I am rather relieved and glad that I can now have two days of slow living completely to myself!
Today, I thought what better than to talk of some tips to make your Sundays productive for a well planned week ahead. Here we go.
Tips for a Productive Sunday:
1. First and foremost, take care of yourself. Pamper yourself to an overnight head massage the previous day. Deep cleanse your hair and face Sunday morning. Trim your nails and hair if needed. Change your bed sheets. Feel good about yourself.
2. Reflect on the week gone by. Write down your tasks completed. Note down your weekly expenses (if you do not do it daily). Empty your emotions on a diary if you want.
3. Most weekdays, most of us are in a hurry while eating our breakfasts. On Sundays, have a hearty and warm breakfast to nourish your body and soul.
4. Prepare your wardrobe for the next week (atleast to have an idea of what you are going to wear for the next 5-6 days). If you do so, you will know which clothes need a wash or ironing or dry cleaning. This will save you time during your busy week.
5. If possible, do not do your office work on Sundays. Our bodies, as well as minds, need to rest for a day atleast. Instead, indulge yourself in some pleasure reading. Read a self-help book or a novel you have been meaning to read since a few days.
6. Plan your upcoming week on Sundays. Write down all you need to/ plan to work on next week. Include meetings and calls in the list too.
7. If you have a kitchen for yourself, plan your meals for the next week too. You could atleast plan your evening snacks for the next week because that is when we generally tend to eat junk and ruin our health. Think of healthy options you could prepare and store like sprouts salads or dry fruits or nuts and seeds.
8. Connect to your friends and family. Devote some time of your Sundays to call your close family and friends whom you cannot meet everyday. Expressing your love and care to them is also very important.
9. Watch some good TV or a movie with your family or friends. If there is no one to join you, enjoy your own company. Spending time with oneself is essential for our emotional well being too.
10. Go to bed a little early to get an adequate amount of sleep. The freshness and energy you will have on Monday when you wake up early will carry you through the entire week. On the otherhand, a late Sunday night means a groggy and late Monday morning which further means a derailed week. You don’t want that to happen, do you?
This is it, I think. If I have forgotten some tip(s) to mention, do comment below. What do you do on your Sundays? Are your Sundays productive?
If you liked reading this post, do not forget to like, comment and share. Also, follow my blog to receive notifications the next time I come up with a new post. I will talk to you again on a bright and energetic day next week. Have a wonderful weekend! I am signing off today ❤
p.c.: Pablo.buffer and The Soul-Searcher (3rd from below)